Wednesday 11 September 2013

#3: Tiny Steps. Tiny Love.

Born and brought up in the chaotic Dilli, I would like you to meet the typical Punjabi girl: Neha Malhotra. After completing her Post Graduation in Design, she started working with a company as a Graphic Designer. “Within 6 months I realized that working 9-5 was not cut out for me, and I wanted to do something of my own. After working as freelance photographer for a few years, I started with TinyLove Photography that specializes in on-location photo sessions for newborns, kids, families and expecting parents,” she exclaims. 

What started as a hobby (and a way to break away from the monotonous job routine), it has now turned into her living. When she started, she was flocked with inquiries for toddlers or family sessions; but very few were open to do maternity or newborn sessions. “People still believed in not taking pictures of expectant mothers or newborns, but gradually (and thankfully) all this is fading away. For the past 6-7 months, I have only been capturing the excitement of expectant mothers and the antics of the newborns. Honestly, the word-to-mouth publicity has really helped me in the growth of my business,” she beams.




After almost a year of starting the brand, TinyLove proudly boasts of more than 75 happy families who have availed Neha’s professional services and are her true supporters.
While in a photography business, taking pictures only constitutes to about 10% of the entire work, rest of the time Neha juggles between the roles of a client servicing executive, a designer, an editor, a social media executive, a sales person and a delivery boy. “It has been an amazing journey and am loving all the roles so far,” she shares.





“I love my job and I LOVE getting to know my clients. I take a lot of pride in focusing on giving all my clients not just great images, but a great experience as well,” she adds.
If you visit her Facebook Page you will see that her photography is fun, untraditional and totally unscripted. “I am all for making fun and breathtaking memories. I love capturing raw and unscripted moments because ten years from now, when my clients look back at their photographs, I want them to be emotionally captivated by them,” she elaborates.
With no regrets whatsoever, Neha has an ambition which she plans to achieve with compassion. And boy, we love her spirits!



2 comments:

  1. Neha malhotra indeed is a rockstar and her venture is just so beautiful and all about happiness! :) Thank you Kriti for featuring her on your blog. Means a lot to her and to all of her friends and well wishers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more than happy to share such stories :) I am glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete